Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jonathan O'Connor <Jo...@xcom.de> on 2005/02/14 12:24:23 UTC

Re: Best Practice Question about Dynamic CSS selector in a TR [auf Viren geprueft]

Erik,
you wrote: @Any is one of Tapestry's hidden gems - it brings a tag alive
allowing
OGNL expressions (and message:) on attributes.

Wow, this should be in component reference. After using Tapestry for a
year, I had no idea that @Any was so simple.
Ciao,
Jonathan O'Connor
XCOM Dublin

*** Aktuelle Veranstaltungen der XCOM AG ***

XCOM laedt ein zur IBM Workplace Roadshow in Frankfurt (16.02.2005), Duesseldorf (23.02.2005) und Berlin (02.03.2005)
Anmeldung und Information unter http://lotus.xcom.de/events

Workshop-Reihe "Mobilisierung von Lotus Notes Applikationen"  in Frankfurt (17.02.2005), Duesseldorf (24.02.2005) und Berlin (05.03.2005)
Anmeldung und Information unter http://lotus.xcom.de/events

*** XCOM AG Legal Disclaimer ***

Diese E-Mail einschliesslich ihrer Anhaenge ist vertraulich und ist allein fur den Gebrauch durch den vorgesehenen Empfaenger bestimmt. Dritten ist das Lesen, Verteilen oder Weiterleiten dieser E-Mail untersagt. Wir bitten, eine fehlgeleitete E-Mail unverzueglich vollstaendig zu loeschen und uns eine Nachricht zukommen zu lassen.

This email may contain material that is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Re: Best Practice Question about Dynamic CSS selector in a TR [auf Viren geprueft]

Posted by Jonathan O'Connor <Jo...@xcom.de>.
Erik,
The description in the component reference is too dry, and does not tell
the user what they need to know. Your sentence, should be inserted at the
start of the description. Thus:
Description
@Any is one of Tapestry's hidden gems - it brings a tag alive allowing
OGNL expressions (and message:) on attributes. Informal parameters are
used to fill in the attributes of the element.

In fact I think a lot of the components could do with less programmer
speak, and more advice as to when and where to use these components.
I'm sure the knives will be out for me, for what I've just written. It's
not that the information is missing, it just needs some of the best
practice info we get in this mailing list added to it.

Ciao,
Jonathan O'Connor
XCOM Dublin

Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>
14/02/2005 12:34
Please respond to
"Tapestry users" <ta...@jakarta.apache.org>

"Tapestry users" <ta...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject

On Feb 14, 2005, at 6:24 AM, Jonathan O'Connor wrote:

> Erik,
> you wrote: @Any is one of Tapestry's hidden gems - it brings a tag
> alive
> allowing
> OGNL expressions (and message:) on attributes.
>
> Wow, this should be in component reference. After using Tapestry for a
> year, I had no idea that @Any was so simple.

It is in the component reference:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/doc/ComponentReference/Any.html

What else is needed there?