Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Joe Eckard <jo...@redrocketcorp.com> on 2010/04/13 21:14:34 UTC

Purchase Order Items - Supplier Product ID & Supplier Product Name

When an order item is created for a Purchase Order, its' description
is set to "${supplierProductId} - ${supplierProductName}".

When talking to external systems and when creating custom PDFs, I need
to access these values separately. Right now I use two order item
attributes (supplierProductId and supplierProductName), but I am
trying to reduce the number of our customizations.

Would there be any objections to creating a new field
"supplierProductId" on the OrderItem entity and using that when
creating POs, leaving the order item description as the supplier's
product name?