Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2009/09/21 14:21:28 UTC

[VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA Java 1.5.1 RC1

Please review and vote on RC1 of the Tuscany SCA Java 1.5.1 release.

The distribution artifacts, RAT reports, and Maven staging repository
are available for review at:

http://people.apache.org/~slaws/tuscany/1.5.1-RC1

The release tag is at:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/tags/java/sca/1.5.1-RC1

here's my +1

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA Java 1.5.1 RC1

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
> This seems like a required fix, but while trying to generate a local
> distro to test this, I keep getting the following exception... has
> anyone seen this ?
>
>    [java] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.web.javascript.dojo.DojoModuleActivator
>     [java]     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
>     [java]     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>     [java]     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
>     [java]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:319)
>     [java]     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:330)
>

> --
> Luciano Resende
> http://people.apache.org/~lresende
> http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Was this when you were trying to build from the top level? Which module failed?

Needless to say I didn't see this when I built RC1. Do you only see it
with the local changes you've made?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
ok, thanks Ram.

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

The fixes for TUSCANY-3285 is now available under revision 819874 in 1.5.1.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar Ramalingam

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA Java 1.5.1 RC1

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

I just noticed that we need a change in the
SpringXMLComponentTypeLoader.java of the
implementation.spring module as mentioned in TUSCANY-3285.

I think we can include them in 1.5.1.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar Ramalingam

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA Java 1.5.1 RC1

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks Luciano, I'll roll RC2

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 1:26 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Luciano,
>
> I'll get set up ready to roll RC2 and we can get Ram's fix in and
> hopefully this tutorial fix also.
>
> Simon

+1 Simon, I have fixed TUSCANY-3284 and the domain manager seems to
work fine from a local generated binary distribution.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-3284

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks Luciano,

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> OK, thanks for the review Raymond.
>
> Luciano, did you get to a state where you were able to get past the
> error you saw and were able to look through it?
>
> Simon

I'm past the issue, it seems that i had a local issue and the
distribution i was making was not done properly.
I testes some samples, all the webapps in recent Tomcat release and
all looks good. Legal files all look good too...

The tutorial/store is not working, it seems that this is caused
because I can't find dojo (which should not be required), and this is
happening because the way DomainManager finds all required jar
dependencies ? I still need to investigate this further , other then
that... everything else looks good to me.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
I tried what we have in 1.5.1-RC1 and 1.5.1 branch on Linux. The build is
successful from the source.

I also tested a few samples including rmi, ws, jms and distributed
calculator with the distribution from 1.5.1 branch. They are working well.

There are a few minor issues:

1) When I started the domain manager from calculator-distributed, the Web
Browser (Firefox or Google Chrome) cannot list the contributions/composites
even though they can be seen from the feed.

2) The Eclipse updatesite doesn't support the latest format for 3.5.

I'm +1 to release it assuming the Ram's fix is included.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

You are right, the fix you proposed seem to resolve the problem and I have
checked in the changes using TUSCANY-3281.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar Ramalingam

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA Java 1.5.1 RC1

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.
I am using IBM JDK 1.6 SR3.

I am seeing the following error message for all most all the samples that I
ran, this message occurs at the end of after the successful output.

[java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: No
servlet registered at this URI: /dojo
[java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.http.jetty.JettyServer.removeServletMapping(JettyServer.java:420)
[java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.web.javascript.dojo.DojoModuleActivator.stop(DojoModuleActivator.java:73)
[java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.RuntimeBootStrapper.stopModules(RuntimeBootStrapper.java:382)
[java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.RuntimeBootStrapper.stop(RuntimeBootStrapper.java:205)
[java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl.stop(NodeImpl.java:746)

Do any one see the same error message?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar Ramalingam