Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by flyyear <fl...@hotmail.com> on 2006/07/27 15:01:50 UTC

activemq 4.0 web demo problem in frames

I have a webpage consisting of two frames. The page in the first frame
listens the message from "topic://STOCKS.*" by the following javascript:
<script>
function portfolioPoll(first)
{
   if (first)
   {
     amq.addListener('stocks','topic://STOCKS.*',priceHandler._price);
   }
}

amq.addPollHandler(portfolioPoll);
</script>
However, when there is not any message from "topic://STOCKS.*", the
responsing speed of the page in the second frame is terribly slow.
The speed of the page in the second frames would be OK if there are messages
from "topic://STOCKS.*".

I wonder whether the receiving program of activemq has blocked all responses
from different frames in the same window. It seems that the page in the
second frame receivesdata only when activemq 'polling' datas from the server
side.

Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

Re: activemq 4.0 web demo problem in frames

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Agreed - or you could try an invisbile frame for all the Ajax stuff

On 7/27/06, Naby <us...@abwesend.de> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I run in the same problem in the past. The most browsers (IE, Firefox, ...)
> allow only 2 persistent connections to the same server (-address). A
> connection seems to be persistent until it will be closed.
>
> I put the ajax part in an extra popup window.
>
> Hope this helps you.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: activemq 4.0 web demo problem in frames

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
I wonder if you are hitting the thread limit of the browser; I think
they often only have 2 threads making requests. So you might want to
do all your ajax stuff in a single frame rather than repeat the ajax
in different frames