Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Greg Hill <gr...@RACKSPACE.COM> on 2014/08/11 18:36:05 UTC

python client work

I have 4 outstanding patches for the Python client that make it work with Ambari 1.6.0+ and add a lot of missing functionality.  I didn't realize I needed to create separate reviews outside of submitting the patches on JIRA until recently, so I've now added those reviews as well if someone wants to look them over.  I've tried contacting Subin directly since it seems he is the only one who is interested in working on the Python client, but I haven't heard back from him in weeks.  Is anyone actually still working on this?  Would it be preferable for me to continue to try to work within the Ambari project or just fork it and release it on Github and PyPi like a regular Python project?  I don't want to create a schism, but if the Python bindings are just an afterthought like they seem, it might serve both projects better to maintain them separately.  And I'd much prefer to use Github's pull-request model than the cumbersome system set up for Ambari.

Greg

Re: python client work

Posted by subin <su...@gmail.com>.
My Apologies Greg,