Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk> on 2001/01/07 22:43:06 UTC

Turning on all modules?

Is there a way to do this?

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

Re: Turning on all modules?

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Greg Stein wrote:

> > > I always do ./configure --enable-modules=most and that seems to work.
> >
> > Really?  I think Brian tried that the other day and it didn't get
> > mod_vhost_alias correctly.  Are you getting that one?  If so, then I have
> > to go take a closer look at the config.nice he was using.
>
> --enable-modules=all should be quite easy to code. The APACHE_MODULE func
> should just ignore the parameter and turn the bugger on :-)

That was my initial thought, but lack of m4 patience (let alone
expertise) discourages me from tangling with it.

I have to say that it seems pretty vital for developers if no-one else.

OTOH, I have to admit, the configure system is a ton better than it was
when we first introduced it.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

Re: Turning on all modules?

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 02:05:28PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > > Is there a way to do this?
> >
> > I always do ./configure --enable-modules=most and that seems to work.
>
> Really?  I think Brian tried that the other day and it didn't get
> mod_vhost_alias correctly.  Are you getting that one?  If so, then I have
> to go take a closer look at the config.nice he was using.

--enable-modules=all should be quite easy to code. The APACHE_MODULE func
should just ignore the parameter and turn the bugger on :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: Turning on all modules?

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > > Is there a way to do this?
> >
> > I always do ./configure --enable-modules=most and that seems to work.
>
> Really?  I think Brian tried that the other day and it didn't get
> mod_vhost_alias correctly.  Are you getting that one?  If so, then I have
> to go take a closer look at the config.nice he was using.

Yes, mod_vhost_alias is getting loaded fine. But I'm not actually using
that module on my laptop, so I can't say whether it's working quite
right. I'd have to check. I think I did enable-shared=all as well, if
that makes a difference.

--
Rich Bowen --  Director of Web Application Development
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com/  --  rich@cre8tivegroup.com

Re: Turning on all modules?

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
> > Is there a way to do this?
>
> I always do ./configure --enable-modules=most and that seems to work.

Really?  I think Brian tried that the other day and it didn't get
mod_vhost_alias correctly.  Are you getting that one?  If so, then I have
to go take a closer look at the config.nice he was using.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: Turning on all modules?

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
Ben Laurie wrote:

> Is there a way to do this?

I always do ./configure --enable-modules=most and that seems to work.

--
Rich Bowen --  Director of Web Application Development
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com/  --  rich@cre8tivegroup.com
Have trouble remembering things?   http://www.idforgetmyhead.com/

Re: Turning on all modules?

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
Not one that really works AFAICT.  --enable-modules=most has been coded,
but I don't think it has worked for a long time.

Ryan

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Is there a way to do this?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben.
>
> --
> http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html
>
> "There is no limit to what a man can do or how far he can go if he
> doesn't mind who gets the credit." - Robert Woodruff

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131