Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ke...@indus.com on 2002/11/20 02:37:28 UTC

hiding jsp pages in WEB-INF on weblogic6.1

I have hidden my jsp pages in a subdir of WEB-INF so that they are not
directly accessible from a browser request.

The only way to navigate to the pages is via a struts action, and this way
I can also check the user is logged on before we perform the action.

This works fine on tomcat4.0.1, but when I deploy the same war file on
weblogic6.1 sp3, any action request results in a 404 and it can't find the
files.

Before I spend time working out whats going wrong on weblogic, has anyone
else tried this on wls6.1 and got it to work?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Hooke

This email message and all attachments transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information. Please DO NOT forward this email outside of the recipient's Company unless expressly authorized to do so herein.  Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email

Any views expressed in this email message are those of the individual sender except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Indus
 International, Inc.

Re: hiding jsp pages in WEB-INF on weblogic6.1

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
Setup that security-constraint that David Graham posted earlier.  I
hadn't thought about doing it that way before, but I have to say it's an
ingenious though.  Suddenly, <html:base/> has meaning again (or I
suspect it will when I refactor using his tip).  The "hide it under
WEB-INF" trick is perfectly legal according to the servlet
specification; unfortunately vendors don't always keep pace with or
correctly comprehend - or perhaps fully implement - the specification.

I think WebLogic maybe didn't fully implement the spec.  This is at
least the second or third thing I've heard of that they geeked on :-/
 (I don't use it so I don't keep super-close track of them).

--
Eddie Bush

RE: hiding jsp pages in WEB-INF on weblogic6.1

Posted by Jose Thomas <jo...@apar.com>.
I get the same error on WLS 7.  I know for a fact that WLS6.x doesnt allow
JSPs to be placed under WEB-INF.  I need to confirm WLS7 with BEA support