Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by ll_oz_ll <hi...@yahoo.com> on 2009/09/03 22:20:16 UTC

multi core nodes

Hi,
Is hadoop able to take into account multi core nodes, so that nodes which
have multiple cores run multiple concurrent jobs ?
Or does that need to be configured manually and if so can that be configured
individually for each node ?

thanks. I would really appreciate any clarification on this.

RE: multi core nodes

Posted by Amogh Vasekar <am...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Before setting the task limits, do take into account the memory considerations ( many archive posts on this can be found ).
Also, your tasktracker and datanode daemons will run on that machine as well, so you might want to set aside some processing power for that.

Cheers!
Amogh

Posted by Erik Forsberg <fo...@opera.com>.

Re: multi core nodes

Posted by Starry SHI <st...@gmail.com>.
I also would like to know whether it is possible to configure this. Hope
somebody can provide a solution.

Starry