Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "Scheper, Erik-Berndt" <er...@sogeti.nl> on 2010/04/29 12:54:45 UTC

[IVY] status update for IvyDE 2.1.0 ??

Hi,

Is there any news about the official release of IvyDE 2.1.0? I believe the vote expired a long time ago.
Nevertheless, I believe that the latest 2.1.0 candidate build contains a critical regression bug.

See my comments on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-236.

This change should at least be added to the release notes, since many users will be affected by this unfortunate change in behaviour. Another thing I dislike very much is that the default behaviour of IvyDE is now different from that of command-line Ivy (via Ant) which still has the 'default' defaultResolveMode.

Regards,
Erik-Berndt Scheper

Disclaimer:
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Sogeti Nederland B.V. or its Group members. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

Re: [IVY] status update for IvyDE 2.1.0 ??

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
Le 7 mai 2010 à 18:57, Jon Schneider a écrit :

> Erik,
>
> I don't believe it should be released with this regression either.
>
> Nicholas,
>
> I am struggling to understand what led you to believe that changing the
> resolve mode to dynamic would address the issue in IVYDE-212 which does not
> outwardly appear to be related to revConstraint.
>
> I tried to recreate the issue after eliminating the line in
> WorkspaceIvySettings setting the default resolve mode to dynamic, and cannot
> reproduce the behavior that the reporter describes.  Maybe I am missing
> something that you could shed more light on?

I think you can reproduce it with the test projects I have checked in at rev 897506.

But effectively the fix I did was probably not correct.

My problem was that the revision constraints were not took into account. And the fix is to enable the dynamic resolve mode. But I think my mistake is to have changed it in the settings wrapper used by the workspace resolver rather that the main ivysettings.xml. And actually I did changed it in my project some days later for similar issues in my hudson instance.

So yes, I will revert my commit.

And thank you for raising this issue Erik.

Nicolas

Posted by Jon Schneider <jk...@gmail.com>.
Erik,