Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Mark <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/11 16:21:58 UTC

help needed to get maven pom.xml to grab MINA snapshots

I am trying to figure out how to get maven to grab the latest MINA
snapshots.  I have added the following snippet to my pom.xml file:

    <pluginRepositories>
        <pluginRepository>
            <id>apache.snapshots</id>
            <name>Apache Snapshot Plugin Repository</name>
            <url>
                http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
            </url>
            <releases>
                <enabled>false</enabled>
            </releases>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
            </snapshots>
        </pluginRepository>
    </pluginRepositories>

I have this listed in the dependencies section:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.mina</groupId>
            <artifactId>mina-core</artifactId>
            <version>2.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.mina</groupId>
            <artifactId>mina-integration-jmx</artifactId>
            <version>2.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>

but when I run "mvn compile", I get an error:

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.mina:mina-core:jar:2.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.mina-DartifactId=mina-core \
          -Dversion=2.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1) com.aaa.bbb.ccc:XXX:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.mina:mina-core:jar:2.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT

2) org.apache.mina:mina-integration-jmx:jar:2.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file
-DgroupId=org.apache.mina-DartifactId=mina-integration-jmx \
          -Dversion=2.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1) com.aaa.bbb.ccc:XXX:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.mina:mina-integration-jmx:jar:2.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT

Can someone help me out?  I would like to get this cleared up ASAP.

Thank you
Mark

--
The adjuration to be "normal" seems shockingly repellent to me; I see

Re: help needed to get maven pom.xml to grab MINA snapshots

Posted by Mark <el...@gmail.com>.
Thank you.

--

Posted by Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com>.