Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/17 12:32:01 UTC

componentization: more modules might be necessary

I'd like to suggest moving implementation of providers into separate
modules. It will isolate providers' code from 'regular code' (i.e. public
API implementation and make possible to build different 'harmony providers'
distributions (for example, crypto.jar, ssl.jar and so on).

For example, we can organize providers' code in this way:
enhanced/classlib/trunk/
    java-src/
        archive/
        providers/
            jsse/        <= Java Secure Socket Extension provider
implementation
            crypto/     <= Crypto provider implementation

Thanks,
Stepan Mishura,
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: componentization: more modules might be necessary

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
I agree.

Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: componentization: more modules might be necessary

Posted by George Harley1 <GH...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi Stepan,

This sounds like a good idea.

Best regards,