Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vivekanand Ittigi <vi...@biginfolabs.com> on 2014/08/13 13:47:40 UTC

Unable to read HBase data from solr

I'm trying to read specific HBase data and index into solr using groovy
script in "/update" handler of solrconfig file but I'm getting the error
mentioned below

I'm placing the same HBase jar on which i'm running in solr lib. Many
article said

WorkAround:
1. First i thought that class path has two default xmls and its throwing
the error because one of the two is from some older version of hbase jar.
But the class path has no hbase jar.
2. Setting "hbase.default.for.version.
skip" to true in hbase-site.xml and adding that to class path

But still im getting the same error. I think solr internally reads
hbase-site.xml file but do not know from where..?

Please help me.. If further info is needed i'm ready to provide

SEVERE: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Unable to invoke function
processAdd in script: update-script.groovy: java.lang.RuntimeException:
hbase-default.xml file seems to be for and old version of HBase (null),
this version is 0.94.10
    at
org.apache.solr.update.processor.StatelessScriptUpdateProcessorFactory$ScriptUpdateProcessor.invokeFunction(StatelessScriptUpdateProcessorFactory.java:433)
    at
org.apache.solr.update.processor.StatelessScriptUpdateProcessorFactory$ScriptUpdateProcessor.processAdd(StatelessScriptUpdateProcessorFactory.java:374)
    at
org.apache.solr.handler.loader.XMLLoader.processUpdate(XMLLoader.java:246)
    at org.apache.solr.handler.loader.XMLLoader.load(XMLLoader.java:173)
    at
org.apache.solr.handler.UpdateRequestHandler$1.load(UpdateRequestHandler.java:92)
    at
org.apache.solr.handler.ContentStreamHandlerBase.handleRequestBody(ContentStreamHandlerBase.java:74)
    at
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:135)
    at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1797)
    at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:637)
    at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:343)
    at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:141)

Re: Unable to read HBase data from solr

Posted by Qiang Tian <ti...@gmail.com>.
http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.solr/solr-core/4.7.1/org/apache/solr/update/processor/StatelessScriptUpdateProcessorFactory.java#StatelessScriptUpdateProcessorFactory.ScriptUpdateProcessor.invokeFunction%28java.lang.String%2Cjava.lang.Object%5B%5D%29

it looks better check the update-script.groovy script to see what really
happens?

Posted by Vivekanand Ittigi <vi...@biginfolabs.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vivekanand Ittigi <vi...@biginfolabs.com>.