Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2004/09/01 14:28:00 UTC

Re: No mail delivery from issues.cocoondev.org -> apache.org (was:Re: Jira moved)

Steven Noels wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> > But they are not appearing. See
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&r=1&b=200409
> > There are notifications there from me today, but not the
> > more recent ones from Nicola Ken.

For Infrastructure, some background. The notifications from the
new Jira at Cocoondev.org are not being received at dev@forrest.a.o
Those few from me today are because i managed to erroneously
use the old Jira at cocoondev.org

I just did another test from the new Jira and they are not being
received at Apache or not leaving cocoondev.org

--
David Crossley

Re: No mail delivery from issues.cocoondev.org -> apache.org (was:Re: Jira moved)

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 01 Sep 2004, at 18:06, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Steven,
>
> One other possibility.  You said that you just upgraded JIRA?  There
> is a
> problem with JIRA that Jeff Turner kept having to fix on nagoya
> because they
> hadn't fixed it at Atlassian.  They keep sticking a Precedence: Bulk
> header
> in the message.  We discard all such messages.

Oh - brilliant. I just checked and of course I don't have that magical
patch installed. :-/

BTW, these mails are passed on fine by Mailman to the lists I host
myself on cocoondev.org - apparently Mailman ignores these headers
happily. Another ezmlm quirk?

Slightly off-topic, I have to recycle Jira 2.6.1 every 8 hours since it
runs out of file handles - even though my box is configured to hand out
plenty of them. We used to have this saying in my previous company:
"looks good, but no function".

:-(

(never mind, and thanks Noel for your tips)

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

[solved] Re: No mail delivery from issues.cocoondev.org -> apache.org (was:Re: Jira moved)

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 01 Sep 2004, at 18:06, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Steven,
>
> One other possibility.  You said that you just upgraded JIRA?  There
> is a
> problem with JIRA that Jeff Turner kept having to fix on nagoya
> because they
> hadn't fixed it at Atlassian.  They keep sticking a Precedence: Bulk
> header
> in the message.  We discard all such messages.

FYI: I received a patched version of the mail library from Jeff and
installed it on my server, and mails are now delivered correctly to
list recipients. Thanks Noel for your analysis, and thanks Jeff for
providing me with a patch. I'd suggest to drop that header in the
forthcoming 3.0 version. ;-)

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: No mail delivery from issues.cocoondev.org -> apache.org (was:Re: Jira moved)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> >...They keep sticking a Precedence: Bulk
> > header in the message.  We discard all such messages.
>
> ACK - that should be it. Tnx!

Whether it was that or the forrest-dev mailing list config
that Noel mentioned, it is fixed now thanks.

--
David Crossley

RE: No mail delivery from issues.cocoondev.org -> apache.org (was:Re: Jira moved)

RE: No mail delivery from issues.cocoondev.org -> apache.org (was:Re: Jira moved)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
At a guess, the problem was that dev@forrest.apache.org was that the list
moderators had decided that they didn't want to deal with spam (which is why
we have list moderators in the first place), so they asked for moderation to
be turned off and we (foolishly, in my view) did so.  It appears that list
moderation was turned off almost two years ago, but I have fixed the list
configuration.

Try again.

	--- Noel

Re: No mail delivery from issues.cocoondev.org -> apache.org (was:Re: Jira moved)

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 01 Sep 2004, at 14:28, David Crossley wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote:
>> David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>> But they are not appearing. See
>>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&r=1&b=200409
>>> There are notifications there from me today, but not the
>>> more recent ones from Nicola Ken.
>
> For Infrastructure, some background. The notifications from the
> new Jira at Cocoondev.org are not being received at dev@forrest.a.o
> Those few from me today are because i managed to erroneously
> use the old Jira at cocoondev.org
>
> I just did another test from the new Jira and they are not being
> received at Apache or not leaving cocoondev.org

They *are* leaving the new Jira server, I think they are queued on
hermes, but they aren't delivered to ezmlm apparently.

Sep  1 06:30:07 strider postfix/smtp[29259]: 95BC6160102:
to=<de...@forrest.apache.org>, relay=mail.apache.org[209.237.227.199],
delay=6, status=sent (250 Queued!
<20...@mail.outerthought.net>)
Sep  1 06:36:28 strider postfix/smtp[29474]: 27469160102:
to=<de...@forrest.apache.org>, relay=mail.apache.org[209.237.227.199],
delay=1, status=sent (250 Queued!
<20...@mail.outerthought.net>)

(these are some mails sent from locally on the server - and arrive fine
on the lists)

Sep  1 06:54:25 strider postfix/smtp[29989]: BDDB7160102:
to=<de...@forrest.apache.org>, relay=mail.apache.org[209.237.227.199],
delay=3, status=sent (250 Queued!
<23...@strider.outerthought.net>)
Sep  1 07:21:52 strider postfix/smtp[30829]: CB908160104:
to=<de...@forrest.apache.org>, relay=mail.apache.org[209.237.227.199],
delay=4, status=sent (250 Queued!
<33...@strider.outerthought.net>)

(these are Jira mails - they don't arrive on the list)

Could you please parse mail logs on your side and tell us what's going
wrong?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org