Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Erik Holstad <er...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/03 22:27:59 UTC

Problem getting scheduler to work.

Hi!
I'm testing out the FairScheduler and I'm getting it to start and the Pools
that I've defined in the pools.xml file shows up and everything.
But when trying to submit a job, I don't really know where to put the name
of the pool to use for the job. All the examples that I've seen are
using JobConf and I'm currently on 0.20. I tried to put the name on the
Configuration like:

conf.set("mapred.job.queue.name", "fast");
but just getting

org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: Queue "fast"
does not exist

So, how and where to I set the pool to use for the individual jobs?
Erik

Re: Problem getting scheduler to work.

Posted by Erik Holstad <er...@gmail.com>.
Just to let people know that encounters this in the future what to do.

After recommendations from Matei I changed the

<name>mapred.fairscheduler.poolnameproperty</name>
from
<value>mapred.job.queue.name</value>
<property>
    <name>mapred.fairscheduler.poolnameproperty</name>
    <value>pool.name</value>
</property>

and set the conf accordingly and now it works fine.

Thanks Matei for the help!

Erik