Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com> on 2008/01/26 17:18:04 UTC

REST Dispatcher Logic

Hi list,

While going through the existing dispatcher logic, it seems that we are
adding dispatchers while creating the conf. This is described in
core/engine/conf.c as,

"In case of using security we need to find the service/operation
parameters before the dispatch phase. This is required to give parameters
to the security inflow."

Therefore, I believe the logic on dispatching based on REST/SOAP requests
will have to be implemented at the dispatcher level, where it has access
to the msg_ctx during dispatching. This would result in a
no-modification-to-existing-api scenario in terms of dispatcher logic, and
I'm +1 for it.

Please reply with your comments.

Thanks,
Senaka