Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by rama krishna <ra...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/03 17:53:47 UTC

ANN:0.90.6 RC5 available for download

Hi devs
0.90.6 RC5 is available for download.
http://people.apache.org/~ramkrishna/.
As Stack reported a rolling restart issue in RC4 the same has been corrected.  Please do vote for the new RC.
The voting closes by March 8.
If the voting goes fine hope to release the 0.90.6 version sooner as it is already delayed by a month.
RegardsRam

RE: ANN:0.90.6 RC5 available for download

Posted by "Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan" <ra...@huawei.com>.
Hi Devs

Stack and myself +1 on the RC5.
A gentle reminder for checking out the 90.6 RC5.

Regards
Ram

Posted by Ramakrishna s vasudevan <ra...@huawei.com>.
Hi Jimmy

Thanks a lot for checking the RC.

@Devs
A gentle reminder to try out the 0.90 RC. Stack has +1ed it.

Regards
Ram

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.
Cool, I got it now.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.
I tied RC5 but the master web UI gave me  Page Not Found error.
RS web UI is good.

Anyone else got this issue?

Thanks,
Jimmy

Posted by "Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan" <ra...@huawei.com>.
Thanks Stack.. Good on you.

Regards
Ram

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
I can see that stack's signature is signed by a few signatures in the link,
so I believe it is good.  I wonder what it takes to satisfy the 'gpg
--verify' tool.

Stack's has some signatures
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xDF0F5BBC30CD0996

Ram's has none.
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xA1ABD56E867B57B8

We should have a little key signing party at HBaseCon.

Jon.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
You probably want to do:

--
Todd Lipcon

Posted by "Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan" <ra...@huawei.com>.
Hi Jon

Thanks for taking a try on the RC.

I think Stack signed it and that is what I added in the RC.  Anyway today I
will try to create the release and before that will ensure that the signing
is done correctly.

Regards
Ram

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
I'm +1. (sorry for the delay)

Downloaded and ran on top of cdh3u3 hadoop, ran some tests from bigtop,
'mvn apache-rat:check'.

There are 5 violations on rat checks but they are auto-gen .css files or
auto gen xml files which I'm not concerned about (seems like filter still
has problems).

We need get the gpg signature fixed since you aren't in the web of trust
yet.  We need to add stack's and I'd like to add mine once my keys get
added to the web of trust (folks are a little more accessible here).

Jon.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan <

Posted by "Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan" <ra...@huawei.com>.
Yes of course Jimmy.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan" <ra...@huawei.com>.