Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Yoav Shapira <yo...@MIT.EDU> on 2005/03/21 19:41:33 UTC

Time for TLP?

Hi,

In light of these recent discussions on general@jakarta:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=111142560900001
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=111142560900001&r=1&w=2> &r=1&w=2

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-general
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-general&m=111142733325833&w=2>
&m=111142733325833&w=2

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=111117537800002
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=111117537800002&r=1&w=2> &r=1&w=2

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=111117537800002
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=111117537800002&r=1&w=2> &r=1&w=2

I think we're ready to move Tomcat to a TLP.  There's a lot of support for
it in the general Jakarta and ASF ranks.  Before we write and vote on a
proposal, I wanted to see informally what the opinions are within our own
group about this potential move.  I'm obviously +1.

Yoav Shapira

System Design and Management Fellow

MIT Sloan School of Management / School of Engineering

Cambridge, MA USA

 <ma...@sloan.mit.edu> yoavsh@sloan.mit.edu /
<ma...@computer.org> yoavs@computer.org

Re: Time for TLP?

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
+0 - If not now, it will be asked again in another few months.

-Tim

Re: Time for TLP?

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
Yoav Shapira schrieb:

>I think we're ready to move Tomcat to a TLP.  There's a lot of support for
>it in the general Jakarta and ASF ranks.  Before we write and vote on a
>proposal, I wanted to see informally what the opinions are within our own
>group about this potential move.  I'm obviously +1.

+1, I think the tomcat community is big ... :-)

Peter

Re: Time for TLP?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
I was concerned at the additional management overhead such a move would
place on us, particularly the PMC chair, and the impact this might have
in terms of reduced time for actual development. However, after actually
reading what is involved and comparing it to what we have to do now for
the Jakarta PMC the change is far less than I had imagined.

I believe that the benefits, particularly in terms of greater visbility
and clearer branding, more than outweigh the costs.

+1

Mark

Re: Time for TLP?

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Yoav Shapira wrote:

> I think we're ready to move Tomcat to a TLP.  There's a lot of support for
> it in the general Jakarta and ASF ranks.  Before we write and vote on a
> proposal, I wanted to see informally what the opinions are within our own
> group about this potential move.  I'm obviously +1.

Me too, as you already know :)

+1

Regards,
Mladen