Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by shahab <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/02 11:08:13 UTC

How to monitor lag when "kafka" is used as offset.storage?

Hi,

I wonder how we can monitor lag (difference between consumer offset and log
) when "kafka" is set as offset.storage?  because the "kafka-run-class.sh
kafka.tools.ConsumerOffsetChecker ... " does work only when zookeeper is
used as storage manager.

best,
/Shahab

Re: How to monitor lag when "kafka" is used as offset.storage?

Posted by Todd Palino <tp...@gmail.com>.
You can use the emailer config in Burrow to send alerts directly (it will
monitor specific groups and send emails out when there is a problem). If
you need something more complex than that, I think the best practice is
always to send the output into an general alert/notification system.

-Todd

Posted by Otis Gospodnetić <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shahab - SPM for Kafka captures ~200 Kafka metrics IIRC and has built-in
alerting, anomaly detection, and a bunch of other features - see
http://sematext.com/spm/integrations/kafka-monitoring.html

Otis

Posted by shahab <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by noah <ia...@gmail.com>.