Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andrew Thornton <an...@caret.cam.ac.uk> on 2005/01/05 15:38:33 UTC

Classpath for ant:style or xml:transform tags

Hi,
   I'm trying to use an extension function in an XSLT stylesheet however
in order to do so, I need to set the classpath on the transformer to
include the jar containing this function. After source diving I finally
managed to work out that ${pom.getDependencyPath('groupid:artifactid')}
would give me the path to the jar, but I can't seem to get this into the
classpath style task. I'd be happy to use the xml:transform task but I
don't even have a clue how to change the classpath for that either.

The relevant section of the maven.xml looks like:

<ant:style out="${xslOutput}" in="${xmlfile}" style="${xslFile}">
   <ant:classpath>
     <ant:pathelement
location="${pom.getDependencyPath('groupid:artifactid')}"/>
   </ant:classpath>
   <ant:param name="package"
expression="${basePackage.concat(xmiShortName)}"/>
</ant:style>

I've tried setting the classpath attribute on the style tag and other
similar tricks.

I don't understand how to use maven:addPath, and can't seem to find any
useful docs explaining how to use it. Any help would be appreciated.
Pointers to useful docs would also be appreciated.

andy

--
Andrew Thornton
andrew@caret.cam.ac.uk / andrew@cbcl.co.uk

Re: Classpath for ant:style or xml:transform tags

Posted by Andrew Thornton <an...@caret.cam.ac.uk>.
Brett Porter wrote:
> what JAR are you trying to add? Is it xalan itself?
>
> There is a problem under some JDKs because xalan needs to be endorsed.
> Details are in the FAQ.

Nope it's a separate jar. I've also listed the jar as a dependency in
the POM.

Thanks,

andy

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
what JAR are you trying to add? Is it xalan itself?

There is a problem under some JDKs because xalan needs to be endorsed.
Details are in the FAQ.

Cheers,
Brett

Posted by "Guo, Jiaqi" <ji...@gmail.com>.
Guo, Jiaqi wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> I guess I've met the same problem. Changing dependency definition is
> project.xml won't help. I looks like a bug.

Sorry for so many typing errors. I was out of my mind just now.

Posted by "Guo, Jiaqi" <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrew,