Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Craig Tataryn <cr...@tataryn.net> on 2008/11/07 07:09:43 UTC

DropDownChoice options

Is it possible to leave the <option>s up to my designer for a <select>
tag, instead of me having to replicate them on my side?  Don't come
across this too too often, but sometimes the values within the drop
downs aren't linked to any logic or database values and really should
be up to the designer's discretion (i.e. some drop down that picks
"what is your age range", and it is simply saved as a string in a db,
or used in as content in a mail).

Or do I simply not give the select tag a wicket:id and grab it's value
manually from within onSubmit()?

Thanks,

Craig.
--
Craig Tataryn
site: http://www.basementcoders.com/

Re: DropDownChoice options

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Craig Tataryn <cr...@tataryn.net> wrote:
> Or do I simply not give the select tag a wicket:id and grab it's value
> manually from within onSubmit()?

either that or write your component that puts the selected value into
the model as a string

-igor