Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu> on 2005/10/18 21:59:03 UTC

Struts tld dependancy

Hello,
We noticed that the struts tld files are on ibiblio:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/packages/maven2/struts/struts-bean/1.1/
Is there a way to download these like a normal dependancy? I initially
thought setting the depend type to tld but the docs say only jar,ejb and
plugin are recognized.

TIA,
Brian

Re: Struts tld dependancy

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@apache.org>.
From: "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>

> We noticed that the struts tld files are on ibiblio:
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/packages/maven2/struts/struts-bean/1.1/
> Is there a way to download these like a normal dependancy? I initially
> thought setting the depend type to tld but the docs say only jar,ejb and
> plugin are recognized.

Unless you're on Servlet 2.2, you don't need them.  Just use the URI:
   <%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-html prefix="html" %>
and the tld that's inside struts.jar will be used automatically.

--
Wendy Smoak
... on a mission to get <taglib> tags out of web.xml files.

Re: Struts tld dependancy

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@syr.edu>.
I use:
<dependency>
            <groupId>struts</groupId>
            <artifactId>struts-bean</artifactId>
            <version>1.2.7</version>
            <properties>
                <war.bundle>true</war.bundle>
            </properties>
            <type>tld</type>
        </dependency>
and the like w/o any problems.  Maven will download and use.  I don't
think the documentation is up to date for the types.