Posted to user@struts.apache.org by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com> on 2002/09/11 21:29:49 UTC

RE: [ot] JDO example - rozpakowywac Commanderem

"\"" + Integer.toString( 36 + 6).concat("?\"")

or

""" & (36 + 6) & "?"""

depending on your persuasion ;)

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by John Owen <jo...@hotmail.com>.
That is why 42 is the answer to "What is the meaning of life?". :)

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
Oops.....that was supposed to say "shift"....LOL

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.

Posted by Cliff Rowley <cl...@onsea.net>.
There's a show that used to be on in the UK (not sure if it still is,
its pretty prehistoric by todays standards) where in one of the rounds
the contestants randomly chose a sequence of numbers, and then a target
number was calculated.  The contestants were then given 30 seconds to
devise a calculation that must use each randomly chosen number only
once, and using only addition, multiplication, subtraction and division
must finally equal the target number.

Based on those rules, and using each letter in the word FRIDAY (where A
is 1, B is 2, C is 3 etc.), and you use every single number, 42 actually
means FRIDAY.  See for yourself:

F R  I D A Y
6 18 9 4 1 25

(6+1)x(4+(18+9-25))=42

On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 20:29, James Mitchell wrote:
> "\"" + Integer.toString( 36 + 6).concat("?\"")
>
> or

> depending on your persuasion ;)
>
> James Mitchell
> Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
> Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
> http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta

Regards