Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Liang <mo...@126.com> on 2016/12/09 03:32:59 UTC

Adding new cluster node when old journals were already removed by janitor thread

Hi, All
    In page https://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering, there is several caveats if the janitor thread is enabled

The current solution has three known caveats:

If the janitor is enabled then you loose the possibility to easily add cluster nodes. (It is still possible but takes detailed knowledge of Jackrabbit.)
From the statement, it look we could not directly adding one new node into the cluster environment if some old journals has already been deleted by janitor thread.But based on my current understanding, during the startup,this new node already does following 2 things sequentially:
  Reading the whole repository, including all nodes and the version history, and built index for them
 Read all revisions to sync
You see, for new added node, since step#1 already reads all nodes from database, even some revisions are already removed, step#2 seems has no problem.
If step#2 does have problem, or there is any other potential issue. Please let me know or give me one example.

Regards,
-Liang