Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com> on 2003/07/10 00:15:50 UTC

tiles attribute as message key?

I saw a few posts about this in the list archives. Couldn't find a
definitive answer.

What I am doing at the moment is this:

<tiles:useAttribute name="browserSubtitle" />
<bean:message name="browserSubtitle"/>

to get the tiles attribute into my bean:message key.

I started out just doing this:

<bean:message key="<tiles:getAsString name="browserSubtitle" />"/>

because the key attribute of bean:message is RT

However this only worked for about 1/2 hour. I then thought, great, I'll
use this technique everywhere. I changed something and it stopped
working. So is it not meant to work, or am I doing it wrong?

I also thought there might be a way of accessing the tiles context
directly from the bean:message like this:<head>

<bean:message name="Context" property="browserSubtitle"/>

or is that nothing like that going to work?

thanks
Adam