Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Comerford, Sean" <Se...@espn3.com> on 2009/01/06 23:53:55 UTC

Bug with POJOs w/ HashSet bug (aka AXIS2-4121)

I¹m trying to use the Pojo functionality of Axis2 using the latest release
build (1.4.1).

Simple examples work great but my ³real² POJO has fields like this:

Set<FanTeam> teams = new HashSet<FanTeam>();

Those seem to be causing problems. I can successfully invoke the service but
when it tries to marshall the object it throws:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type
mismatch    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
)    at
.java:25)    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)    at
org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.BeanUtil.deserialize(BeanUtil.java:457)
at
org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.BeanUtil.processObject(BeanUtil.java:722)
at
org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.BeanUtil.ProcessElement(BeanUtil.java:670
)    at
org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.BeanUtil.deserialize(BeanUtil.java:602)
at
org.apache.axis2.rpc.client.RPCServiceClient.invokeBlocking(RPCServiceClient
.java:104)

Issue AXIS2-4121 seems to be the culprit but I¹m not sure how to get the
fix... I downloaded the nightly snapshot of axis2-adb (where the 2 classes
referenced in the bug live) but I¹m still seeing the same issue.

Any ideas how to get this fix or otherwise resolve this?

---
Sean Comerford, Software Engineer
ESPN.com Site Architecture Group
Office: 860.766.6454    Cell: 860.951.6973