Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Alessandro Adamou <al...@istc.cnr.it> on 2012/07/03 12:54:18 UTC

Accessing contents in the contenthub vfolders

Hi all

(esp. Reto and SRDC people)

I am resuming the vfolder integration work (at last!)

so I built and installed the webdav and featured-vfolders bundles in [1]

I had to modify the POMs because webdav references the old parent
versioning and there's no milton 1.7.1 anymore in the ettrema Maven repo
(I had to change to 1.7.2).

then I added a content item to the contenthub and mounted
[stanbol-host]/vfolders

I noticed that directories are created in accordance to the contenthub
facets/constraints + creation date. This is great for a start!

However I cannot find the content item as a file in these directories.
Is this to be expected at this stage?

IIRC the scratchpad.txt sample file is not there anymore, right?

Best,
Alessandro

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/branches/ontonet-showcase

--
M.Sc. Alessandro Adamou

Department of Computer Science
Mura Anteo Zamboni 7, 40127 Bologna - Italy

Semantic Technology Laboratory (STLab)
Institute for Cognitive Science and Technology (ISTC)
National Research Council (CNR)
Via Nomentana 56, 00161 Rome - Italy

"I will give you everything, just don't demand anything."
(Ettore Petrolini, 1917)

Not sent from my iSnobTechDevice

Re: Accessing contents in the contenthub vfolders

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.
Hi Brad

It's a pity milton2 is not under an apache compatible license, but for our
current needs milton1 seems to just do the job. So having this in maven
central would greatly help.

For the current needs of Stanbol we don't need proppatch, caldav and stuff
so the cut-down version of milton2 would probably do the job. A wish would
be to have a solution based on jax-rs.  But again, milton1 does as well.

For building a community around the apache license variant declaring it a
cut-down version might be very appealing. But for several apache project
there are related commercial projects that extends them. So if you want to
build a community it might be better to have to differently branded
products.

CHeers,
REto

Posted by Brad McEvoy <br...@bradmcevoy.com>.
Hi Reto,

Posted by Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it>.
Hi Reto,

> It is true that the actual content is still missing but it should be pretty
> trivial to add this.

Ok so it is just to be implemented. That's what I wanted to know. Well
I've begun playing around with it.

Do you have a different plan than implementing a ContentItemResource
which delivers the content as per the
org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.servicesapi.ContentItem interface? If not I
might just make an initial implementation and commit it.

> The reason I've suspended the work on this is because milton (the required
> webdav library) isn't in maven central yet. I've got some intial positive
> feedback by the milton community about adding the artifacts to maven
> central but unfortunately nothing happened yet.

Indeed, who knows if it gets on maven central before the owl api does :(

Best,
--alessandro

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.
Hi Alessandro