Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net> on 2004/09/27 12:03:21 UTC

Re: Problem with svn-1.0.8-setup.exe: iconv modules fail to load

On Monday 27 September 2004 11.03, Gerhard Grimm wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> after installing Subversion 1.0.8 on WinXP using Josander's installer,
> I noticed that svn.exe is unable to load the modules installed in the
> "Subversion\iconv" directory. After verifying that the environment
> variable APR_ICONV_PATH was set correctly, I examined the modules with
> the dependency checker and found out that they all depend on
> "libapriconv.dll", which is not installed with Subversion (and never

Hmm, looks like it's compiled from the same WC as "trunk" and not from
"tags/1.0.8/". svn-1.0.8-setup.exe is made of the binaries inside
svn-win32-1.0.8.zip.
The 1.0.8 binaries should be linked static and dynamic to the APR DLLs
AFAIK.

I will come back to this when I get someone to make a new set of
binaries. In the meantime, I

Minus points to Jostein for not checking the contents of
svn-win32-1.0.8.zip before making an installer out of it :-(

Jostein

--
http://www.josander.net/en/contact/

Re: Problem with svn-1.0.8-setup.exe: iconv modules fail to load

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Sep 27, 2004, at 7:03 AM, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:

> Minus points to Jostein for not checking the contents of
> svn-win32-1.0.8.zip before making an installer out of it :-(

Hm, I don't understand... did I do something different or wrong when
creating the 1.0.8.zip package?  AFAIK, my scripts haven't changed.

Re: Problem with svn-1.0.8-setup.exe: iconv modules fail to load

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Monday 27 September 2004 14.03, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:

> I will come back to this when I get someone to make a new set of
> binaries. In the meantime, I

..remove the installer from Subversion's dowload area.

I hit the send button to early, sorry about that.

J.

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.