Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu> on 2009/04/24 02:53:48 UTC

How to handle multiple choices?

Hi all,

I'm quite new to Wicket, and I really started to liking it. ;)
But now I have a problem, which I don't know how to solve:
In my application there are groups, users, and memberships. Every
membership has an entitlement (member, group leader, pr_manager and so
on), which is used for authorization information at other pages.
I need to make a page where these entitlements can be easily managed by
the group leader (for example: add an entitlement, remove an entitlement
- a member can have multiple entitlements at the same time and an
entitlement can be belong only to one member).
Is there some tool, which could make this to a little simpler problem?
(I was thought about ListView with RadioButtons, where the RB's are
interpreted by columns, but I didn't found an example to do this)
Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Peter Major

Re: How to handle multiple choices?

Posted by Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu>.
With ListMultipleChoices for first blick it would be hard to follow that
a membership could be assigned only to one person (and it won't be
pretty in a listview:) ), and as I see, Palette isn't the right one for
this neither. It's too powerful and I would need for every single
entitlement create one (if I understanded it correctly).
Any guesses how to do this?
Thanks

Regards,
Peter Major