Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ben Gateau <be...@hotmail.com> on 2010/06/10 12:59:15 UTC

Messages from Dequeued going to Pending after broker restart

Hi,

ActiveMQ beginner here. I am sending messages to the queue and the listener
is consuming them. The messages then go to the Dequeued list. The problem is
that when I restart the broker (Ctrl-C on the command line and then starting
it with activemq script) the messages which were on the Dequeued queue go
back on the Pending queue, and are being delivered again. How Can I stop
that behaviour? If I shut down the server, messages which were Dequeued do
not go to the Pending. So the problem is only with stopping and starting
activemq. Version of ActiveMQ is 5.3.2, OS is Ubuntu Linux.

Thanks, Ben.

Re: Messages from Dequeued going to Pending after broker restart

Posted by Ben Gateau <be...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Gary,

I installed activemq-5.4-SNAPSHOT and the problem went away. I will keep my
eye on it as I'm pretty sure version 5.3.2 was also not misbehaving when I
started using it (a week ago). I will get back to you if the problem
reappears.

Thanks, Ben

can you post the code you are using for this scenario?

Re: Messages from Dequeued going to Pending after broker restart

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.

On 10 June 2010 11:59, Ben Gateau <be...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> ActiveMQ beginner here. I am sending messages to the queue and the listener
> is consuming them. The messages then go to the Dequeued list. The problem
> is
> that when I restart the broker (Ctrl-C on the command line and then
> starting
> it with activemq script) the messages which were on the Dequeued queue go
> back on the Pending queue, and are being delivered again. How Can I stop
> that behaviour? If I shut down the server, messages which were Dequeued do
> not go to the Pending. So the problem is only with stopping and starting
> activemq. Version of ActiveMQ is 5.3.2, OS is Ubuntu Linux.
>
> Thanks, Ben.

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com