Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Yi Jiang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/04 08:16:09 UTC

Cannot run producer from local windows

Hi, everyone
I am currently installed Kafka cluster in EC2, I am sure all ports have been opened, but I want to kick some data into kafka in cloud, and i even cannot run the producer from my local. It always throw the exception with "failed after 3 retries". But there is no any problem when I run it in the cluster in cloud. I have nothing in my local server, no zookeeper etc, I am wondering if its the problem that I am missing zookeeper in my local windows? Can someone tell me how to resolve this issue?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Cannot run producer from local windows

Posted by Aniket Bhatnagar <an...@gmail.com>.
Did you set host.name property as described @
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/FAQ#FAQ-OnEC2%2Cwhycan%27tmyhighlevelconsumersconnecttothebrokers%3F
 ?

When accessing brokers from outside AWS, host.name should be set to public
domain/IP. This also means that all brokers would need a public domain/IP.