Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Niall Lynch <Ni...@aerlingus.com> on 2004/06/08 15:38:16 UTC

ActionForm creation struts 1.1

HI All,

I have an action form with two beans as member vairables. When the form
is being ceated calls are made to the getter methods of the two beans in
the form. What is making the calls to the getter methods? I can't see
anything in the RequestUtils class that indicates a call is being made
to the form instance after it is created.

I am not expecting the call to the getters to be made until after the
beans are set in my action. It gives a side affect in my application
because I set an exception if the getter is called when the bean is
null.

This problem has only arisen since I have moved from struts 1.0 to 1.1.

How is the ActionForm lifecycle different in Struts 1.1 to 1.0?

Regards,

Niall.

For low fares and great deals on hotels, car hire and travel insurance visit http://www.aerlingus.com
are addressed.  Any review, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited.If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete
the material.