Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rick R <ri...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/08 20:39:23 UTC

Can not understand why maven is ALWAYS choosing a 3rd repo BEFORE my nexus one?

I'm trying to figure out why Maven is choosing a 3rd party repo defined in
my settings xml BEFORE trying to search in our internal Nexus repo.

My settings xml has the following profile which is set as the active one.

    <profile>
      <id>ncs-main</id>

     <repositories>
      <repository>
        <id>ZK EE</id>
        <url>https://maven.zkoss.org/repo/zk/ee</url>
      </repository>

      <repository>
        <id>zk repository</id>
        <url>http://mavensync.zkoss.org/maven2</url>
      </repository>

      <repository>
        <id>nexus.repo.all</id>
        <url>
http://dayrhencvp011.enterprisenet.org:8080/nexus/content/groups/public/
</url>
        <snapshots>
          <enabled>true</enabled>
        </snapshots>
      </repository>

      </repositories>

    </profile>

My project's pom does not have any repositories specified. I tried messing
with the order of the repositories above (flipping them around different
ways) but it always seems to go after one of the ZK ones first:

Downloading:
http://dayrhencvp011.enterprisenet.org:8080/nexus/content/groups/public/com/ncs/ncs-data-domain/1.12-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml

Downloading:
http://mavensync.zkoss.org/maven2/com/ncs/ncs-data-domain/1.12-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml

Downloading:
https://maven.zkoss.org/repo/zk/ee/com/ncs/ncs-data-domain/1.12-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml

Downloaded:
http://dayrhencvp011.enterprisenet.org:8080/nexus/content/groups/public/com/ncs/ncs-data-domain/1.12-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml
(769 B at 2.5 KB/sec)

[WARNING] Could not transfer metadata
com.ncs:ncs-data-domain:1.12-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml from/to ZK EE (
https://maven.zkoss.org/repo/zk/ee): Connection to https://maven.zkoss.org
refused

[WARNING] Failure to transfer
com.ncs:ncs-data-domain:1.12-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml from
https://maven.zkoss.org/repo/zk/ee was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of ZK EE has
elapsed or updates are forced. Original error: Could not transfer metadata
com.ncs:ncs-data-domain:1.12-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml from/to ZK EE (
https://maven.zkoss.org/repo/zk/ee): Connection to https://maven.zkoss.org
refused

Of course it found ncs-data-domain in the 3rd attempt above (form nexus)
but why does it always try the maven ones first?

Even when I switch the order around it's trying zk-ee FIRST.

Very frustrating and can't find any documentation on it.

(Note, if you're wondering why I didn't put this 3rd party repo in Nexus, I
tried but it was complaining about unable to work with it.. forgot the
exact error.. it has to be authenticated with a username and password and I
tried adding that to nexus as well, but was having trouble so I left the
definition in my settings.xml)

--
Rick R

Re: Can not understand why maven is ALWAYS choosing a 3rd repo BEFORE my nexus one?

Posted by Rick R <ri...@gmail.com>.
It actually pulls the correct artifacts from the 3rd party repos just fine
(the one you see called ZK in my settings.) There are a bunch of them in
there and the upgrade them quite frequently so I'd prefer to not have to
manually add them, especially since their repos work just fine.

The annoying part is that I see it trying to access some of our internal
ones from there. That's the confusing part. It eventually does pull from
the correct nexus repo for our internal dependencies but why do I see it
try to access that 3rd party repo first?

Is there no way to enforce an order that it will check repositories?  (When
I google for this issue it's confusing... some mention that the
settings.xml reverses the order, but I've tried using different orders in
there.)

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

Posted by Rick R <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.