Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/24 05:19:51 UTC

BBS

Any BBS software that can be integrated well with JSF application deployed on Tomcat?

  Thanks.!

---------------------------------

Re: BBS

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
I am by no means an expert on them, only briefly looked into them, but
I remember when looking at yazd that it had pluggable security. As for
using an EJB, your could map your EJB to their tables. I am not aware
of any that let you design the tables yourself and bind them to your
own schema.

Re: BBS

Posted by Jonathan Harley <jo...@parkplatz.net>.
Dave wrote:
> All BBS software are standalone web applications, or they can be
> integrated with existing web applications?  for example, user
> identities, single sign on, discussion board associated with an EJB
> entity(eg, a Book), etc.
>
> I looked some softwares, they seems to be standalone web applications. I
> am looking for BBS that can be integrated with existing web
> applications. Thanks!

You might want to look at Jive Forums from www.jivesoftware.com,
it has a very open and extensible architecture which makes it easy
to integrate with other web apps. I once ran a project where we
replaced the whole UI with a custom one, while using their very
robust BBS engine underneath; I chose Jive precisely because it
was so easy to integrate with all the other systems we had.

Full disclosure: Jive did once send me a free t-shirt, but other
than that I have no commercial relationship with them - I'm just
a very satisfied past customer.

Jonathan.
           Dr Jonathan Harley   .
                                .   Email: jon@parkplatz.net
            Zac Parkplatz Ltd   .   Office Telephone: 024 7633 1375
            www.parkplatz.net   .   Mobile: 079 4116 0423

Re: BBS

Posted by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com>.

Re: BBS