Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Rahamim, Zvi (Zvi)" <zr...@avaya.com> on 2007/02/12 17:16:48 UTC

pom.xml updating problem

Hi,
We are a group of developers that work on a project.
I would like that whenever I add/remove a dependency for that project,
the other developers could see it with the minimal effort.
I thought of having a parent pom.xml file in my repository, where each
developer has its own pom.xml (that only points to that parent pom.xml).
In this way if the parent pom.xml is updated (but its version remains
the same) everybody will see that change without an effort,
...but there is a problem with overwriting the same version of the
parent pom.xml file (because in case I created version 1.0.0 of my
project that use a specific version of parent pom.xml file and now I
change the parent pom.xml file to have a different information...)

Do you have a solution?
Thanks!

Re: pom.xml updating problem

Posted by sam <qi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
    If your  team have used CVS ,One has modified the pom.xml,and then
commit the pom.xml to CVS,Others can just update the pom.xml.

Re: pom.xml updating problem

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.