Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Murat Sutunc <mu...@microsoft.com> on 2015/04/10 22:56:54 UTC

Plugin-doc standards

Hey folks,
I've forgot to mention this on the hangout today but I was thinking maybe we can have some guidelines on how we write plugin docs. Below is a modified version of doc that I've made (mostly borrowed from globalization plugin).

https://github.com/muratsu/cordova-doc

Should we apply this style to all of the docs? What are your thoughts?

Sample:

# plugin-name

Some description

## Installation

Steps

## API
- API
    - Methods
    - Class: And others

## plugin-name.firstMethod

Method params and short description

#### Description

Detailed explanation

#### Supported Platforms

Pass/Fail for platforms

#### Example

Small example how to use

#### Plat1 Quirks

Quirk list

#### Plat2 Quirks

Murat

Re: Plugin-doc standards

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Looks good to me, thanks Murat.

An aside, totally will not work outside of Github:
If you notice each # section has an anchor. The table of contents
(TOC) methods could link to that anchor:
[link text](#mysectionanchor)

RE: Plugin-doc standards

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com>.
+1