Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "MCMURTRIE, Dion" <Di...@suncorp.com.au> on 2002/08/01 08:08:18 UTC

Problems with proxy server and redirection

I'm trying to get jMeter to work in my work environment and having quite a
bit of trouble.

Firstly access to the web site that I wish to test using jMeter is behind a
firewall via a proxy server. I saw that proxy server and port options could
be specified to the jmeter.bat file and did that, but I received a 407 http
error "Proxy authentication required".

I could not find anywhere to put my proxy authentication information into
jMeter so I hacked the class started by the jmeter.bat file just so that I
could keep going until I found the right way to set the proxy authentication
information. The thing that I added was a subclass of java.net.Authenticator
that would authenticate to my proxy for me. That seemed to work for me, but
does anyone know the correct jMeter way to set up proxy Authentication?

Anyway that seemed to get me past the proxy authentication although a little
hacky, and now I am getting the following exception whenever I request a url
(for example http://www.mgcars.org.uk/index.html
<http://www.mgcars.org.uk/index.html> ) -

java.net.ProtocolException: Server redirected too many times (5)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection
.java:556)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getHeaderFieldKey(HttpURLConnect
ion.java:814)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.saveConnectionCookies(HT
TPSampler.java:502)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
442)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
164)
        at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:138)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Does anyone know the cause of this and if it can be fixed? I have tried
calling a number of different URLs and the result is always the same.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dion.

The contents of this message are the views of the Author and do not necessarily reflect the views of SUNCORP METWAY LTD  ABN 66 010 831 722.

The content of this e-mail, including attachments is a confidential communication between the Suncorp Metway Group and the intended addressee. Any unauthorised use of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender immediately and then delete the message and any attachment(s).

http://www.suncorp.com.au