Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Geoff Soper <ge...@alphaworks.co.uk> on 2010/01/02 00:28:31 UTC

Keeping SA up to date

I've had an installation of SpamAssassin which I've been happy with for
a number of years, its rulesets have been updated using Rules Du Jour.
I've moved to a new server which has less rulesets installed and is
catching less spam. The rulesets in this new installation are currently
not updated. Not surprisingly, the new installation is catching less
spam. I want to get the new installation up to the standard of the old
one. Both installations are 3.2.5.

This all leaves me with a number of questions:

    * How do I work out which rulesets are being used by an installation
      of SA?
    * What is currently the best way of updating rulesets; I gather
      sa-update has replaced RulesDu Jour?
    * Can anyone recommend the best document dealing with sa-update?
    * A lot of my old rulesets came from the SA Rules Emporium but I see
      that site is no longer updated, is there anyway to get new
      versions of these rulesets?

I'm finding all this rather confusing as things seem to have moved on
somewhat since I last changed anything!

Many thanks,
Geoff

Re: Keeping SA up to date

Posted by Per Jessen <pe...@computer.org>.
Geoff Soper wrote:

> This all leaves me with a number of questions:
>
>     * How do I work out which rulesets are being used by an
>     installation of SA?

The rulesets are typically found in /usr/share/spamassassin

>     * What is currently the best way of updating rulesets; I gather
>       sa-update has replaced RulesDu Jour?

Yes.

>     * Can anyone recommend the best document dealing with sa-update?

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RuleUpdates

/Per Jessen, Zürich