Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Max Pfingsthorn <m....@hippo.nl> on 2005/07/29 22:09:10 UTC

svn access?

Hi!

I just got an email from root saying I have an account! Yeay! :) Thank you all very much for making this happen!
I have a problem though... ssh and putty seem to hang when I try to log in to cvs.apache.org or svn.apache.org. The fingerprints are right, and I didn't even have a chance to type in my temporary password yet... Any ideas?
It also said that I need you guys to give me access to stuff, so I was wondering if I might get a dir named "max" (or "mpfingsthorn" if you like to call it usernames) in the whiteboard. It would be a bit more clear than just giving me write permissions to the existing forms project there, and would keep the old code intact...
What do you think?

Best regards,

Max Pfingsthorn

Hippo

Oosteinde 11
1017WT Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Tel  +31 (0)20 5224466
m.pfingsthorn@hippo.nl / www.hippo.nl

Re: svn access?

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Max Pfingsthorn wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just got an email from root saying I have an account! Yeay! :) Thank you all very much for making this happen!
> I have a problem though... ssh and putty seem to hang when I try to log in to cvs.apache.org or svn.apache.org. The fingerprints are right, and I didn't even have a chance to type in my temporary password yet... Any ideas?
> It also said that I need you guys to give me access to stuff, so I was wondering if I might get a dir named "max" (or "mpfingsthorn" if you like to call it usernames) in the whiteboard. It would be a bit more clear than just giving me write permissions to the existing forms project there, and would keep the old code intact...
> What do you think?

use svn v2

Upayavira

Re: svn access?

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Max Pfingsthorn wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I just got an email from root saying I have an account! Yeay! :) Thank you all very much for making this happen!
>I have a problem though... ssh and putty seem to hang when I try to log in to cvs.apache.org or svn.apache.org. The fingerprints are right, and I didn't even have a chance to type in my temporary password yet... Any ideas?

Hmm... any error message appearing? Can you try "ssh -v" and see if it
gives more information?

>It also said that I need you guys to give me access to stuff, so I was wondering if I might get a dir named "max" (or "mpfingsthorn" if you like to call it usernames) in the whiteboard. It would be a bit more clear than just giving me write permissions to the existing forms project there, and would keep the old code intact...
>What do you think?

What the Cocoon PMC decided is to give GSoC students a work area in
Cocoon's subversion, but not full access to the whole Cocoon code base,
which is reserved to Cocoon committers.

I therefore created a "gsoc" directory in the cocoon repository, with
subdirectories for Robert and you, with the needed authorizations, so
that you can write in "your" directory.

Please checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/gsoc/

Sylvain