Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jeevan Bihari <je...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/24 19:28:22 UTC

How to determine if page refreshed

  Is there a method or some other indicator that gets called/set eclusively on a page refresh ?
Basically, one of the listeners on my page does a database query and I would like to avoid doing
that query if the user has refreshed the page.

Thanks,
Jeevan

http://sbc.yahoo.com

RE: How to determine if page refreshed

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
The problem is that one request pretty much looks like another request to Tapestry, it can't tell
the difference.

WebObjects builds a unique id in to every URL it creates to handle this problem (I believe; it's
been a few years since I've seen a WO app).  I've been thinking that Tapestry may need to do the
same, to help with this case, and with duplicated form submissions.  I think that may wait for
release 3.1.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components