Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jatin <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/27 14:19:09 UTC

Monitoring Web Servers using JMeter

Hi all

I read the following from the JMeter user manual about how it can be
used to monitor the web server.

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/build-monitor-test-plan.html

It says one important thing that in order to use JMeter to monitor the
web server we need to use the *"status servlet in Tomcat 5"*.
On that note i have the following questions:

1. Can some one provide more information about what is this status
servlet in tomcat ?
2. How and from where can i get this servlet ?
3. Do i need to install anything (whether on the client or the server
side) for it to work ?

Please guide me as i have tried this before but with no success yet.

Thanks
Jatin

Re: Monitoring Web Servers using JMeter

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
never tried it , but I believe the documents refer to
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/manager-howto.html#What%20is%20JMX%20Proxy%20Servlet

regards
deepak