Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Tintin <19...@googlemail.com> on 2014/02/01 19:33:57 UTC

Compiled Flex SWF File Seems Too Large

I have created a simple application in IntelliJ IDEA 13. It comprises an
SWFObject and a HlSider in my 'View' along with a few Actionscript classes
behind in my 'Presenter'. There are also a few Skin files to define a custom
Thumb button for the HSlider which has a simple vector graphic.

My compiled SWF file is 758KB which seems to me to be far too large. Perhaps
I am including many framework definitions which I am not actually using and
how can I ensure my final SWF file is as lean as possible please?

Thanks

Chris

Re: Compiled Flex SWF File Seems Too Large

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Use the -link-report option and see what classes are in the link report.

Posted by Tintin <19...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Tintin <19...@googlemail.com>.
It is a Release Build from my out/production folder. I am using 4.10 SDK.

Re: Compiled Flex SWF File Seems Too Large

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Is that SWF from an release build?  Debug builds are much heavier.  What
version of the SDK are you using?

-Alex

Posted by Sugan Naicker <Su...@Dev-X.co.za>.
Hi,

Thanks for sharing, will check it out.

Regards,

Sugan Naicker
South Africa

Posted by João Fernandes <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tintin <19...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.
If you do not use Flex framework you need to mark the build
configuration as 'pure ActionScript' in Project Structure | Modules |
[your module] | [your build configuration subnode] | General tab | Type