Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by An...@emc.com on 2012/07/30 17:02:49 UTC

What are the right/best Java classes to use with Hadoop?

Hi,

I am a beginner in using Hadoop, and I would like to know what are the
right Java classes to use with Hadoop?  In other words, which Java
classes should be used as a strong foundation to successfully and
effectively use Hadoop?

Thanks,

Andrew Botelho

EMC Corporation

55 Constitution Blvd., Franklin, MA

andrew.botelho@emc.com

Mobile: 508-813-2026

Re: What are the right/best Java classes to use with Hadoop?

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.
I am a beginner in using Hadoop, and I would like to know what are the right
Java classes to use with Hadoop?  In other words, which Java classes should
be used as a strong foundation to successfully and effectively use Hadoop?

i found spring-hadoop and spring-batch very useful.

Re: What are the right/best Java classes to use with Hadoop?

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello sir,

       Hadoop provides its own classes and interfaces for most of the
tasks. Though, a sound knowledge of generics and collection framework
is very essential. Apart from that basic things like string
manipulation etc are also important. Just go through the Hadoop API
once and see what suits your requirements.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq