Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "bphillips@ku.edu" <bp...@ku.edu> on 2014/01/01 16:46:58 UTC

DateTimePicker Tag Bug in 2.3.16 - Theme Handling Issue

Lukasz - Please look over this Jira issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4254 which I've been researching.

I think a change made between 2.3.15.3 and 2.3.16 to the include statement
in the xhtml/conrolheader.ftl file has broken the datetimepicker tag
rendering when the label attribute is used with that tag.

In Struts 2.3.15.3 where the datetimepicker with label attribute renders
correctly the xhtml/controlheader.ftl file has this include statement:

include "/${parameters.templateDir}/xhtml/controlheader-core.ftl

compared to 2.3.16 where the include reads:

include
"/${parameters.templateDir}/*${parameters.expandTheme}*/controlheader-core.ftl

The 2.3.15.3 include statement correctly brings in the
xhtml/controlheader-core.ftl file

But in 2.3.16 the include statement is interpreted as
*ajax*/controlheader-core.ftl instead of xhtml/controlheader-core.ftl.

Since there is not an ajax/controlheader-core.ftl the rendering of the
datetimepicker tag fails.

I'm not sure how to fix this problem and I know you did extensive
refactoring of theme inheritance for 2.3.16 so perhaps you will have some
ideas.

Thank you for the help.

Bruce

Re: DateTimePicker Tag Bug in 2.3.16 - Theme Handling Issue

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Done!

There was a bug in Dojo plugin - theme.properties was missing 'parent
= xhtml' entry.

Basically if you see '~~~' in error message ie.
'template/~~~ajax/controlheader-core.ftl' - it means that the theme
inheritance mechanism wasn't able to resolve parent theme (in that
particular case, there were no parent definition).

The logic which handles parent theme loading  in
FreemarkerThemeTemplateLoader#findTemplateSource

Thanks & Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/