Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Troy Bull <tr...@uni.edu> on 2004/10/26 15:25:10 UTC

Problems With 3.01 detecting spam

Greetings:

I have my own little mail server where I have global bayes and I use spamd.
It used to work almost perfectly now I have many problems.  I have
implemented the following rules in local.cf:
------------------
#this is my local site wide config
required_score 6.0
report_safe 1
lock_method flock
use_bayes 1
bayes_auto_learn 0
bayes_path /home/users/spamd/bayes/bayes
bayes_file_mode 0666
skip_rbl_checks         0
use_razor2              1
use_dcc                 0
use_pyzor               0
ok_languages            all
ok_locales              all

##################
#  Try this for a while see how it works.
score ALL_TRUSTED 0

score  BAYES_99   8.0
score  BAYES_95   6.0
score  BAYES_80   4.0
score  BAYES_60   2.0
score  BAYES_50   1.5
score  BAYES_40   1.0
score  BAYES_20   0.5
----------------------

This seems to work ok, but I am wondering why do I need the "score" lines.
Without these lines much spam makes it to my inbox, and it is obviously
spam.  Does anyone have any ideas or should i just stick with this setup?

Thanks
Troy

Re: Problems With 3.01 detecting spam

Posted by Troy Bull <tr...@uni.edu>.
Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 08:25 AM 10/26/2004 -0500, Troy Bull wrote:
>#  Try this for a while see how it works.
>score ALL_TRUSTED 0
>

>score  BAYES_99   8.0
>score  BAYES_95   6.0
>score  BAYES_80   4.0
>score  BAYES_60   2.0
>score  BAYES_50   1.5
>score  BAYES_40   1.0
>score  BAYES_20   0.5
>----------------------
>
>This seems to work ok, but I am wondering why do I need the "score" lines.
>Without these lines much spam makes it to my inbox, and it is obviously
>spam.  Does anyone have any ideas or should i just stick with this setup?

 From the looks of that:

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 08:25 AM 10/26/2004 -0500, Troy Bull wrote:
>required_score 6.0

>This seems to work ok, but I am wondering why do I need the "score" lines.
>Without these lines much spam makes it to my inbox, and it is obviously
>spam.  Does anyone have any ideas or should i just stick with this setup?

Wait.. One thing I noticed... you've got the required_score jacked up to
6.0.. If you've got FN problems, I'd consider dropping that back to 5.0.