Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Simon Kitching <si...@chello.at> on 2008/01/14 11:55:56 UTC

Master pom and pmd plugin

Hi All,

Currently the master pom (5-SNAPSHOT) defines the pmd plugin in the reporting section. Unfortunately it appears that while most maven report plugins are smart enough not to generate any output if they have no input files, pmd does not do this. As a result, every "project" module (which is just generating a site) gets pointless CMD and PMD reports (which causes the creation of a whole "project reports" menu to hold them).

Solution (1) is to just take this definition out of the master pom, and have modules that want pmd/cmd reports define the plugin.

Solution (2) is for each "project" module to disable these reports by defining an empty reportSet. Note that the child modules need to then re-enable the reportSet which means repeating all of the config for that plugin anyway. However when/if the pmd plugin is fixed it is slightly easier to then go back to defining it just in the parent.

Solution (3) is to live with these pointless "project reports" menus containing pointless cmd/pmd report pages until/if the plugin is fixed.

I'm in favour of (1) myself, although (2) is also possible (I have just done this for core12 module a few minutes ago).

What would you prefer?

Regards,
Simon

Re: Master pom and pmd plugin