Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Stefan Weinert <su...@yahoo.de> on 2006/03/02 12:15:03 UTC

What can be achieved with J2 binaries?

Since I'm not experienced enough to build the portal from source I switched to the installer again.

 My portal only needs to meet the following requirements:

 -mysql db
 -individual layouts/designs for each usergroup
 -integrate third party portlets (JSR 168)

 From what I've reat this should be possible with the (multi-db) installer version, but I'd rather make sure instead of spending the next days finding out that I was wrong in the end.

 Stefan

---------------------------------
Telefonieren Sie ohne weitere Kosten mit Ihren Freunden von PC zu PC!
Jetzt Yahoo! Messenger installieren!

Re: What can be achieved with J2 binaries?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Stefan Weinert wrote:
> Since I'm not experienced enough to build the portal from source I
> switched to the installer again.
>
> My portal only needs to meet the following requirements:
>
> -mysql db -individual layouts/designs for each usergroup -integrate
> third party portlets (JSR 168)
>
> From what I've reat this should be possible with the (multi-db)
> installer version, but I'd rather make sure instead of spending the
> next days finding out that I was wrong in the end.

Yes MySQL is supported.
Yes different layouts and customization per user or group is supported
Yes Jetspeed supports deploying of JSR 168 compliant packaged portlet apps