Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Roland Hänel <ro...@haenel.me> on 2011/11/07 14:35:58 UTC

order of output in get_slice

Does a call to

list<ColumnOrSuperColumn> get_slice(binary key, ColumnParent
column_parent, SlicePredicate predicate, ConsistencyLevel
consistency_level)

give us any guarantees on the order of the returned list? I understand that
when the predicate actually contains a sliceRange, then the order _is_
guaranteed to be increasing (decreasing if the reverse flag is set). But
when the predicate contains a list of column names instead of a range, do
we also have the guarantee that the order is increasing (no decreasing
option because no reverse flag here)?

Greetings,
Roland

Re: order of output in get_slice

Posted by Nate McCall <na...@datastax.com>.
The results still come back in comparator order (increasing).