Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Bruno Flavio <em...@brunoflavio.com> on 2016/10/04 09:31:03 UTC

Hello all,

I'm new to the ASF - still getting started and reading the new committer documentation.

Best regards,

Bruno Flávio.

Re: Security mailing list ?

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
> That means security issues will be redirected to the private
mailing list

This makes sense.

--emi

Re: Security mailing list ?

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 04/10/16 � 12:10, Emilian Bold a �crit :

Re: Security mailing list ?

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Re: Security mailing list ?

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 04/10/16 � 12:22, Bertrand Delacretaz a �crit :
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Emmanuel L�charny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...I was wondering if it would not be a good idea to also create a
>> security@netbeans.apache.org mailing list ? ...
> As per http://www.apache.org/security/ people can use
> security@apache.org initially, I suggest that we use that channel for
> now and move to a specific NetBeans list later, once the process is
> well understood.

+1

Re: Security mailing list ?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I was wondering if it would not be a good idea to also create a
> security@netbeans.apache.org mailing list ? ...

As per http://www.apache.org/security/ people can use
security@apache.org initially, I suggest that we use that channel for
now and move to a specific NetBeans list later, once the process is
well understood.

-Bertrand

Security mailing list ?

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 04/10/16 � 11:54, Bertrand Delacretaz a �crit :
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Bruno Flavio <em...@brunoflavio.com> wrote:
> I *think* we should make all initial committers part of the podling's
> PPMC, do the other mentors agree?
>
> If they do I would suggest that PPMC members (so == committers if we
> agree) subscribe once their @apache.org account has been created - but
> let's wait for the other mentors opinion.
Well, I have no opinion. Whatever works, I guess ;-)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 11:58 AM, Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> [...] I would suggest that PPMC members [...] subscribe once their @
> apache.org account has been created [...]
>
> What difference does it make? I mean, is it about the iCLA or about the
> @apache email alias? ...

It's about making sure people have done their homework and submitted
their iCLA before being involved in electing other people for example.

-Bertrand (being a bit cautious with these things as the NetBeans
initial committers list is quite large)

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org

Posted by Bruno Flavio <em...@brunoflavio.com>.
Understood, thank you very much for the clarification.

Just making sure I wasn't missing out on something I should be aware of.

-Bruno.

---- On Tue, 04 Oct 2016 10:56:53 +0100Emmanuel Lécharny &lt;elecharny@gmail.com&gt; wrote ----

Le 04/10/16 à 11:31, Bruno Flavio a écrit :

&gt; Hello all,

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

&gt; I'm new to the ASF - still getting started and reading the new committer documentation.

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

No, this is a list used by the Podling PMC (Project Management

Committee). As it names suggest, it's private. Now, don't get it wrong :

there is no secret to hide ! It's just used to discuss potential

committers and new member of the PMC, that for some obvious reason,

should remain private.

No technical discussion occurs on the private mailing list (except those

related to security).

Bottom line, 99% of the important discussions occur on the dev mailing list.

Welcome to the project !

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 04/10/16 � 11:31, Bruno Flavio a �crit :