Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Sean Fulton <fu...@cmu.edu> on 2005/05/11 17:14:31 UTC

Modifying XHTML document content

I'd like to automatically add an anchor to each h2 tag on a page. Has
anyone tried something like this? Where is the best place to do that?
Doing it in the editor won't work because different people may use
different editors.

Thanks,

	Sean

Re: Modifying XHTML document content

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.

Sean Fulton wrote:
> Can you tell me how this works:
>     <xsl:if test="$rendertype = 'edit'">
>       <a name="anchor"> </a>
>     </xsl:if>
>
> Is this what suppresses the output of the anchors in the editing view?
Actually I made a typo,  it should be $rendertype != 'edit' (page is not
being edited).

This template just copys the h2 element (and attributes if any) to the
result document, if the doc is not being edited, an anchor is written to
the result doc, and then any children nodes are passed to other
templates (most likely matched by the identity template).

<h2>hello world</h2>

should become

<h2><a name="anchor"> </a> hello world</h2>

when the document is not being edited.
--Doug

Re: Modifying XHTML document content

Posted by Sean Fulton <fu...@cmu.edu>.
Thanks, Doug. That got me in the right track. I'm using:

 <xsl:template match="xhtml:h2">
   <xsl:copy>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
     <xsl:if test="$rendertype = 'edit'">
       <a name="anchor"> </a>
     </xsl:if>
     <a name="{.}">
     <xsl:apply-templates select="node()"/></a>
   </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.
Opps, I meant
test="$rendertype != 'edit'"

so that in an editor, the anchor would show up.

--Doug

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.