Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dan Barker <db...@visioncomm.net> on 2004/10/20 21:31:28 UTC

How to get spamd to reload configuration settings

I'm running IMail/SpamAssassin (8.13/3.0.0) using spamc/spamd.

How do I get spamd to reload things when I change something in local.cf?

I can kill the task with a SetPrivilege(hToken, SE_DEBUG_NAME, TRUE) task
killer, but that seems a bit violent.

If that IS the way to do it, should I kill the cmd.exe, perl.exe or both?

Dan

Re: How to get spamd to reload configuration settings

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Matt Kettler" <mk...@evi-inc.com>

> At 03:31 PM 10/20/2004, Dan Barker wrote:
> >I'm running IMail/SpamAssassin (8.13/3.0.0) using spamc/spamd.
> >
> >How do I get spamd to reload things when I change something in local.cf?
> >
> >I can kill the task with a SetPrivilege(hToken, SE_DEBUG_NAME, TRUE) task
> >killer, but that seems a bit violent.
> >
> >If that IS the way to do it, should I kill the cmd.exe, perl.exe or both?
>
> The only way to reload local.cf when using spamc/spamd is to shut down
> spamd and restart it.
>
> How this is best done on a windows system is beyond me.
>
> For the limited use I have for windows servers, rebooting the whole box is
> a reasonable approach, but that's clearly not the best way to handle a
> production mailserver.

If it loads as a program then it's no big deal to stop and restart it.
If it loads as a service then "net stop <service name>" and "net start
<service name>" in a bat file will probably turn the trick. If the
service hame is "spam" then you'd replace "<service name" with "spam",
of course.

{^_^}

Re: How to get spamd to reload configuration settings

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.